The other night it was pouring rain - heavy, torrential and amazing. It was a bit messy getting home on the bus, but so cosy and warm when I got there. We have a window in our shower and I had it open so I could hear the rain on the neighbour's tin roof and feel the gusts of cold air while I was under the steaming hot water. It was pretty great. It reminded me of something I once read in Vogue when I was younger, about how decadent it was to drink an ice cold gin and tonic in a hot bath.
* I have been feeling for some time that I'm in the middle of things. Very much so. It feels slow, and like I'm not doing as well at it as I'd like. Andrew Solomon's words here were very heartening. I haven't read any Rilke in years, which seems remiss.
* A little more Adrienne Rich because she's just that good. Reading her per poetry at university felt like a revelation to me - emotive and often-times startling accounts of the politics of our day to day.
* I haven't quite made this yet but it doesn't matter because I already know I love it. Deb can do no wrong and also Ngaio described it to me in the car on the way to the pub last week and I was actually salivating. This stuff will feature very heavily in my summer 2016 lifestyle compilation of good.
* Clear and beautiful with dull corners and bursting light and that sharp catch of breath from the cold - all by way of some very beautiful pictures.
* Please and thank you, see you in October and don't be sold out.