This is what not going for a run looks like. It looks like a no-pants on the couch Monday, old Shins songs, and catching up on some reading...
* Thinking I'll have to find an afternoon to bake these with Daisy when I'm home at Christmas. Harriet isn't patient or greedy enough for baking, she doesn't care for sweet things so much, but Daisy is a fiend like me and I know she'll like the icing on these babies.
* I watched Obvious Child the other week and loved it. And then I read this and wanted to watch it again, to notice all those small choices, those small moments that add up to it being such a beautifully made little film.
* Came across the stunning work of Maria Gil Ulldemolins via *DesignSponge and am thinking about getting one of the INNARDS diptychs as an (early) early birthday gift to myself. Since I've already got my eye on some other Christmas gifts to myself, it seems best to wait till April.
* I bought Meg's e-book today and am pretty ready to settle into bed early to read it properly. To give it some real time. I had a little moment with it this morning, and was floored at the few hundred words of the introduction, YOU ARE HERE.
* I am so obsessed with Mel's beautiful pictures of Annecy. I followed along on her brilliant IG feed a few months ago and kind of lost my mind, and now she has film pictures back and it's making me weak at the knees. I love how she captures that slow, hazy feel of holidays. I want to be in France, specifically there, at that beautiful lake and with some kind of dry riesling and a good book in the depths of summer.