So nice to be able to catch-up with some of these gems. Sunday nights aren't just for chamomile tea and watching Grand Designs in bed (though of course they're for that too), but for thinking back on what's been on my mind this last week or so...
* Kitchen dancing to this classic and laughing with Katie about how this scene informed all my ideas about romance and what was sexy as I was growing up. I mean, I wasn't half wrong (#crazyforswayze).
* I haven't been able to get enough of Catastrophe on ABC right now. I've loved Rob Delaney for his Twitter hilarity and wonderful writing for years, and have been waiting to be able to watch this show for a while. Written with and starring Sharon Horgan - who I now also love - I don't think I've laughed so much in ages. I love the dry, dirty humour and underlying affection and kindness. Also, scenes in London and her wearing brilliant overalls.
* I've come back to read this piece a few times now. There is something in the pace of the writing, how raw and matter-of-fact the language is that broke me. The story itself, of course, is everything.
* If I allowed myself to buy new books right now then these are some of the books I would buy: 'A Boat, A Whale and a Walrus', 'A Little Life', 'Astonish Me', 'Among the Ten Thousand Things' and 'Near and Far'.
* Nesting is big for me right now. I've been shifting things, hanging art, buying more plants, spring-cleaning and trying to open up the house a little. I've even been looking at houses to buy (in Adelaide - don't for a moment think I can afford anything here in Sydney). I think I'm getting older, think I like settling down (I think this because all I talk about is wanting a big, sprawling, rambling veggie garden and chooks and an old dog).