So much on my mind since I last caught up - so much goodness to share. So without further ado…
* I've been listening to this song non-stop for about three hours now. Henry played it on Tower of Song last night and I just swooned, right there in the kitchen, while drinking riesling and cooking a late dinner. I hadn't heard it in years and it was a revelation. It got me thinking about this beautiful film too and how I smile-cried all the way through that scene (and also how I have a serious crush on both Tunde Adebimpe and Rosemarie DeWitt). Wondering if maybe I should change the tagline for this blog to my third favourite Neil Young song? Sugar Mountain being third to Heart of Gold and Unknown Legend of course.
* Keeping up with Christmas gift references, I'd absolutely, wholly and completely adore the Family Proteaceae, please and thank you. They are my very best colours and the print is a delight.
* A mighty fine reading list, not that I expected anything less from Carrie Brownstein. Could she be any more amazing? I just got tickets to see Sleater Kinney at the Opera House in March, and I'm keen to get my hands on her memoir. Her list has so many to just sink into - the Lorrie Moore one especially appeals. I read Gate at the Stairs a few years ago and it has stayed with me. I think of it often. And lord knows WHY I haven't read The Argonauts yet.
* I needn't say anything more than two of my very favourites in one nifty radio hour - Neko Case and Rob Delaney. Music! Jokes! Wonderful!
* This beautiful shoot from my friends at NEST. Those ladies know what they're doing, and I'm just desperate to stay at the Line Hotel so it's a gold star in my book.