After the hustle of the last couple of months (December was BIG), it's been nice to catch up on some reading, some trawling and exploring and on-my-mind-ing. Here's what I came up with...
* The Big Sleep was an amazing read. Nice to see something different from SMH, something closer to long-form. And really, what a remarkable couple - so inspired by the way they lived their lives.
* Came across this old FVF again and fell in love again. Something about the space and calm, the golden light and all the books, the veggie garden, the mint green in the kitchen. I love it.
* Feeling super inspired by Bri's honest post and new ideas - what a difference. I have so much appreciation for the time and effort bloggers put into creating original content and pushing themselves artistically (as DLF always does), but to be honest, I'm much more drawn to a relaxed style and personal approach. I like the intimate connection, not the glossy projection. I'm really excited to see how DLF evolves again. Such a good reminder to step-back from life from time to time and think about what makes you happy.
* I've been home a couple of weeks and it's been nice. Cooking favourite meals in my kitchen, making big pots of tea, but as yet haven't had time for baking. Good thing Joy has my back - ginger and oats and bittersweet chocolate make for the kind of classic biscuit I need in my life about now.
* I have a BLOCKSHOP scarf that has long been a favourite, so big and soft and just like a hug, I wear it a lot in winter and in the autumn in-between. But their new little square-scarves are pulling at my heartstrings now too - especially this vintage feel pink print. I love the idea of it as a little kerchief or headband.