I'm readying to head out of town for the weekend. Late night packing with a little PJ Harvey and some flat mineral water, hoping for sun but knowing Melbs will likely be rainy and grey. Good thing there's a brilliant cafe, bar, boutique or restaurant on every damn corner. Here's what's been getting me through a killer week…
* I love this post for the light and the mood board and the overall calm. There's a lovely sense of order and detail and did I mention the calm? JC's new studio is very much how I'd like to work.
* If you are in my family and you happen to be the one that pulls my name in the Christmas draw, can you please buy this spectacular Leah Reena Goren Underwear Dancing print and frame it and wrap it and put it under the tree for me? It's almost November so not at all too early to start thinking about these things. And nothing says happy Christmas like a bunch of semi-nude dancing babes in all their curvy glory. right?
* 'Her lips were bright red, her long nails were pale iridescent lavender, her mascara was both white and black in a way I didn't really understand'. Couldn't love this write-up more. Does this mean I should start listening to Rihanna?
* The image above is from the new-to-me and very-wonderful Australian artist Emily Ferretti. I've been browsing her stuff for the last hour or so and am in love with the colour and perspective she uses, the lines and shadows. She is represented by Sophie Gannon Gallery.
* One of the most emotive and powerful and inspiring episodes of Lit Up I've heard. I have become quietly obsessed with the show - so enamoured with what the girls (and especially Angela, in this episode) share and how they delve into the worlds of some amazing writers. The Chronology of Water has climbed to the top of my beach reading list after this lovely talk.